Interested in joining the team?
There are currently no open positions for CA-6. As of May 2013, NDMS has place a hold on hiring.
When the hold has been released, it will be announced on this page, and in the CA-6 newsletter.
When open positions are announced, interested persons must go to the US Department of Health & Human Services' NDMS Recruitment page for detailed information and to start the application process. Openings are posted until May 6, 2013. The process involves submitting a resume and credentials appropriate to the position. Submissions are then screened for the position, and suitable applicants are contacted to submit a complete application within a certain time window. The selection and evaluation process will select the most qualified and suitable applicants for the available openings.
Contact our Administrative Officer if you wish to be on our mailing list of prospective applicants. We encourage prospective applicants to attend team meetings and training sessions even if there are no current openings, to become familiar with the team and maintain awareness of upcoming openings.
In general, our members include physicians, mid-levels, registered nurses, respiratory therapists, paramedics, EMTs, pharmacists, pharmacy technicians, mental health providers, social workers, communications technicians, IT technicians, logisticians, administrators, and other affiliated fields. Membership requirements are as follows:
1. Application must be approved by the Department of Health & Human Services
2. Security clearance: no felonies or other disqualifying history
3. Current driver's license
4. At least eighteen (18) years old
5. Pass an in-person interview
6. Licensure, certification consistent with position(s) maintained by team member, plus at least 1 full-time year (or equivalent) of experience in that position. Medical providers must be currently working in their fields, excluding supervisory, administrative, research, training, or other non-clinical activities. Includes the following certifications or equivalent:
ACLS or similar: required for MD, PA, EMT-P; recommended for NP, RN, RT
ATLS or similar: required for EMT-P; recommended for MD, PA, NP, RN, RT
PALS or similar: required for PA, EMT-P, RT; recommended for MD, NP, RN
BLS/CPR: required for all medical providers; recommended for all non-medical providers
7. Minimum of Basic First Aid certification within past five (5) years for non-medical personnel
8. Baseline immunizations, current testing status maintained by team member: Td, Hep B, IPPD, influenza (seasonal)
9. Must have reasonable expectation of deployability within 12-24 hours of notification
10. Must meet minimum training requirements, currently 3-4 all-day training sessions per year held in Bay Area, participation in one overnight drill or exercise w/in 3 yrs, and online training (self-paced).
11. Must consistently demonstrate personal abilities as follows:
- Compatibility with team members and ability to function with others under stress.
- Technical competency, subject to peer review and quality assurance measures.
- Willingness to work on team assignments/projects/committees.
- Ability to perform necessary physical tasks.
12. Must complete basic team training requirements before being allowed to deploy; and must pass a 2-yr probationary period by completing training, maintaining licensure and immunization, being available for deployment, and other criteria sufficient to attain Tier 2 status w/in 1 year and maintain Tier 2 status for the duration of the probationary period.